This simple lemon vinaigrette is so delicious and light. It will become the star of your summer salad. There are only four ingredients; lemon (juice and some zest), extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
Simple lemon vinaigrette has only 4 ingredients.
Lemon vinaigrette is perfect over a salad with grilled chicken, shrimp, calamari, or even chicken milanese. It would even be nice over a shaved brussels sprout salad with crispy pancetta and shaved parmigiano reggiano. It is one of my favorite (a by far the easiest) salad dressings to make.
When making this vinaigrette, make sure to use a whisk. You will need to whisk for several minutes, until the vinaigrette starts to thicken. It will almost resemble the color and consistency of and egg yolk. If it does not thicken after several minutes of whisking, you may need to add a little more extra virgin olive oil.
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a bowl, add the lemon juice, salt and a few cranks of freshly ground black pepper.
- Slowly add the extra virgin olive oil, while whisking the entire time.
- Whisk for about 5 minutes, until the vinaigrette starts to slightly thicken.
- If the vinaigrette does not thicken, add a little more extra virgin olive oil.